Saturday, December 24, 2011

Hijab

Tadi masuk kedai ... 
Tak perasan pun apa nama kedai tu, tapi yang pasti kedai tu jual tudung, 
Kaklyn kata "Ida, aku rasa aku nak pakai tudung lah!"
How sweet..
..tapi disebabkan Kaklyn ada masalah dengan persekitaran yang tidak seimbang :p 
so, saya abaikan kata-kata tu.

With my veil I put my faith on display – rather than my beauty. My value as a human is defined by my relationship with God, not by my looks. I cover the irrelevant. And when you look at me, you don’t see a body. You view me only for what I am: a servant of my Creator.
You see, as a Muslim woman, I’ve been liberated from a silent kind of bondage. I don’t answer to the slaves of God on earth. I answer to their King.
Yasmin Mogahed, “A Letter to the Culture that Raised Me” (via thegirlcalledm)

No comments: